Wednesday, October 19, 2011

famous travel Quotes by Famous People

It is better to travel well than to arrive. Buddha



I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad and to travel for it too! 
William Shakespeare 



Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends. 
Maya Angelou 



I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train. 
Oscar Wilde 



Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson 



Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up. 
Ernest Hemingway 



It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal. 
Helen Keller
 

We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. 
Swami Vivekananda
 

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is not far away. It is time to go elsewhere. The best thing about space travel is that it made it possible to go elsewhere. 
Robert A. Heinlein
 

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. 
Anais Nin
 

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. 
Saint Augustine 



The man who never in his mind and thoughts travel'd to heaven is no artist. 
William Blake 



You and I come by road or rail, but economists travel on infrastructure. 
Margaret Thatcher 



People commonly travel the world over to see rivers and mountains, new stars, garish birds, freak fish, grotesque breeds of human; they fall into an animal stupor that gapes at existence and they think they have seen something. 
Soren Kierkegaard 



All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it. 
Samuel Johnson 



To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. 
Aldous Huxley 



Uncontrolled, the hunger and thirst after God may become an obstacle, cutting off the soul from what it desires. If a man would travel far along the mystic road, he must learn to desire God intensely but in stillness, passively and yet with all his heart and mind and strength. 
Aldous Huxley 



Our deeds still travel with us from afar, and what we have been makes us what we are. 
George Eliot 



The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land. 
Gilbert K. Chesterton 



Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. 
Francis Bacon 

It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent. Dave Barry 




If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. John D. Rockefeller 



Travel teaches toleration. Benjamin Disraeli 



To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while. Josh Billings 



I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. John Muir 



During the past few decades, modern technology, with radio, TV, air travel, and satellites, has woven a network of communication which puts each part of the world in to almost instant contact with all the other parts. David Bohm 



Everywhere is nowhere. When a person spends all his time in foreign travel, he ends by having many acquaintances, but no friends. Lucius Annaeus Seneca 



The one thing I regret was that my work required an enormous amount of my time, and a lot of travel. Neil Armstrong 



For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. Robert Louis Stevenson 



To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive. Robert Louis Stevenson 



I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. Robert Louis Stevenson 



A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Charles Spurgeon


Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole. William S. Burroughs 



The photograph reverses the purpose of travel, which until now had been to encounter the strange and unfamiliar. Marshall McLuhan 



Of all possible subjects, travel is the most difficult for an artist, as it is the easiest for a journalist. W. H. Auden 



Strange - is it not? That of the myriads who Before us passed the door of Darkness through, Not one returns to tell us of the road Which to discover we must travel too. Horace 



The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff. Britney Spears 



Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. Stephen Fry 



Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it. Eudora Welty 



Airline travel is hours of boredom interrupted by moments of stark terror. Al Boliska

 I like animals. I like natural history. The travel bit is not the important bit. The travel bit is what you have to do in order to go and look at animals. David Attenborough


Before the BBC, I joined the Navy in order to travel. David Attenborough


Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart and I like to travel around. Reba McEntire 



Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse. Thomas Fuller 



We travel together, passengers on a little spaceship, dependent on it's vulnerable reserves of air and soil, all committed, for our safety, to it's security and peace. Preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work and the love we give our fragile craft. Adlai E. Stevenson 



To read a writer is for me not merely to get an idea of what he says, but to go off with him and travel in his company. Andre Gide 



In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers. Herman Melville


Let me be a free man - free to travel, free to stop, free to work. Chief Joseph 



I'm living my dream right now. I get to make music, perform and travel. Ville Valo


I've met the most interesting people while flying or on a boat. These methods of travel seem to attract the kind of people I want to be with. Hedy Lamarr 



Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo. Al Gore


Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs. Susan Sontag 



I get a friend to travel with me... I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It's hard to be alone. Leonardo DiCaprio 



Travel in all the four quarters of the earth, yet you will find nothing anywhere. Whatever there is, is only here. Ramakrishna 



Know how to travel from your town to a nearby town without a car, either by bus or by rail. Marilyn vos Savant 



It is not fit that every man should travel; it makes a wise man better, and a fool worse. William Hazlitt 



Travel, of course, narrows the mind. Malcolm Muggeridge 



After a lifetime of world travel I've been fascinated that those in the third world don't have the same perception of reality that we do. Jim Harrison 



That's the way both they and I travel sometimes. Pick road at random, and when it's time to pull over, you pull over and hope you can find a place to crash. Jello Biafra 



The world is a country which nobody ever yet knew by description; one must travel through it one's self to be acquainted with it. Lord Chesterfield


 I travel around the world constantly promoting my projects and endorsing products. Yes, I do get paid to go to parties; in fact, I'm the person who started the whole trend of paid appearances. But when you see me at a party, I'm always working or promoting something. Paris Hilton


I would travel only by horse, if I had the choice. Linda McCartney 



I see a trend here where the President seems to think his job is to count votes and then try to make a deal That's what we in legislatures do. Mr. Obama's job is to travel the country, fight for the values that he cares about. Anthony Weiner 



In America there are two classes of travel - first class, and with children. Robert Benchley 



I love to not work. I like to travel. I work maybe half the year, no more. Catherine Deneuve 



The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere. Xun Zi 



I travel in so many different ways; I travel high, I rough it... it all depends on who I travel with. Diane von Furstenberg 



I travel light. I think the most important thing is to be in a good mood and enjoy life, wherever you are. Diane von Furstenberg 



Travel and society polish one, but a rolling stone gathers no moss, and a little moss is a good thing on a man. John Burroughs 



I'd love to travel to the Holy Land. Loretta Lynn 



It would be nice to travel if you knew where you were going and where you would live at the end or do we ever know, do we ever live where we live, we're always in other places, lost, like sheep. Janet Fram



In both business and personal life, I've always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry. Ivanka Trump 



What should I have known or written had I been a quiet, mercantile politician or a lord in waiting? A man must travel, and turmoil, or there is no existence. George Byron 



No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. Lin Yutang 



I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. Hilaire Belloc 



We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. Hilaire Belloc 

Our career is a dream. I mean, we get to act, travel around the world, and meet cool people. What's not to love! Mary-Kate Olsen 



No one's going to be able to operate without a grounding in the basic sciences. Language would be helpful, although English is becoming increasingly international. And travel. You have to have a global attitude. Rupert Murdoch 



If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. Cesare Pavese 



I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education. David Rockefeller 

Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond. Hypatia 



I am traveling less in order to be able to write more. I select my travel destinations according to their degree of usefulness to my work. Jose Saramago 



My parents and my grandfather on my mom's side would travel the earth. They went to Australia and China, and they went to probably every soccer game I ever played. Brandi Chastain 



I wake up every morning and I feel like I'm juggling glass balls. I live in Los Angeles, my business is run out of London, and most evenings I'm cuddled up in front of Skype, in my dressing gown, speaking with my studio in London. I travel a lot, my team travel a lot, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Victoria Beckham 



I've had a very interesting career. I get to do amazing things and work with amazing people and travel and learn languages - things most people don't get the opportunity to do. Gwyneth Paltrow


When I travel, I draw and paint sketches which is great fun. And as long as you are fully aware that it has nothing to do with actual art, I think that's all right. Arne Jacobsen 



I'm such a girl for the living room. I really like to stay in my nest and not move. I travel in my mind, and that that's a rigorous state of journeying for me. My body isn't that interested in moving from place to place. Bell Hooks 



It was a secular cathedral, dedicated to the rites of travel. Robert Hughes



The way to Heaven is ascending; we must be content to travel uphill, though it be hard and tiresome, and contrary to the natural bias of our flesh. Jonathan Edwards


We are going to sign a treaty with Mexico. We are competing internationally. We need another international airport for international cargo, international travel, international businesses. Richard M. Daley 



Could I say that the reason that I am here today, you know, from the mouth of the State Department itself, is: I should not be allowed to travel because I have struggled for years for the independence of the colonial peoples of Africa. Paul Robeson 



I only travel to good material, a good director and a good company. I won't work in another country for a year any longer, because I have a lovely wife and I adore her and I can't bear to be away from her. Jim Dale 



I can create countries just as I can create the actions of my characters. That is why a lot of travel seems to me a waste of time. Jerzy Kosinski


Travel gives me the opportunity to walk through the sectors of cities where one can clearly see the passage of time. Jerzy Kosinski 



Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection. Lawrence Durrell 



And it was a great experience, you know, to travel the world and compete at a certain level. It teaches you discipline, focus, and certainly keeps you out of trouble. Jason Statham 



The Queen Mary was the most civilized and luxurious way one could travel to America in the late 1930s. Maureen O'Hara 



If you have enthusiasm, you have a very dynamic, effective companion to travel with you on the road to Somewhere. Loretta Young 



I usually just have one cat. It is difficult, but I have my one cat that he'll travel with me if it's appropriate, if I'm not going overseas. Gina Gershon 



Not only does travel give us a new system of reckoning, it also brings to the fore unknown aspects of our own self. Our consciousness being broadened and enriched, we shall judge ourselves more correctly. Ella Maillart 

3 comments:

  1. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time
    vacation rentals kissimmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title and post good enough for me to complete my assignment fast. LoL. thanks friend. Its a great effort from you to collect all quotes. Good job

    who want to have a good vacation? check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travelling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station. Cheap Flights to Accra

    ReplyDelete